10 Things About Meme
They got me. Specifically, Suz got me. Before I get to the really fascinating stuff, here’s what the hell’s going on:
Once you’ve been tagged, as I have, you must write a blog with ten weird, random things, little-known facts or habits about yourself. At the end, choose at least 5 people to be tagged, list their names and why you picked them. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says “you’ve been tagged” and tell them to read your latest blog. (This should just about double my readership…)
And here we go…
Ten things you may not know about me:
1. I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder when I was 28. (That explained a lot.)
2. Until I was about 23, I was so shy, I couldn’t project my voice loudly enough to order in a restaurant. I’d usually feign an excuse and ask whoever I was with to order for me.
3. During college, I worked briefly as a singing telegram. (Yeah, I’m aware that doesn’t jibe with they “shy” thing. I’m an enigma that way.)
4. The first and only time I’ve gone white-water rafting was on the Class IV Pacuare River. I got sucked out of the raft halfway down the icy river, upside-down beneath the raft without a breath in my lungs. (Aside from that, it was awesome and I can’t wait to do it again.)
5. I have very low blood pressure and pass out rather easily just from seeing or hearing something that makes me squeamish. I nearly blacked out from the “adrenaline shot” scene in PULP FICTION.
6. I believe in reincarnation and am a certified hypnotherapist.
7. I hung out with Johnny Depp for a few days while working as an extra on “21 Jump Street.
7a. I gave Johnny a full-page article from the paper, including an interview with his dad saying how proud he was of Johnny. I almost didn’t bring it, but was glad I did — Johnny hadn’t seen it yet and read the entire thing immediately.
7b. Between takes in a jungle scene, Johnny said he needed more sweat on his arms. The faux-sweat girl was nowhere in sight but had spritzed me pretty good before she disappeared. So, I wiped a bunch of the slippery stuff from my chest onto Johnny arms. (I used my hand as a go-between. I’m an idiot.)
7c. At the time, Johnny had recently gotten engaged to Winona Ryder, so, despite my schoolgirl crush on him, I respected that. (Years later, perhaps he remembers me as “that girl who didn’t try to fuck him.”)
8. One of the best times of my life was getting thrown from a galloping horse while on vacation in Costa Rica a few years ago. I flew over his head, dropped and rolled in the mud without breaking anything, and popped back up a second after his hoof whooshed past my head. When the guide brought the horse back to me, I got back on, ‘cause that’s what they say you gotta do. (Okay, the best time was actually the “getting back on” part. The dropping and rolling was kinda scary.)
9. I had my second daughter without any drugs. By choice. (It hurt.)
10. My last night in New Orleans for the PB/AS shoot, I went to sushi with Efren, the only cast member who wasn’t working that night. He told me about a National Lampoon script he was considering and asked me to read it with him. He made me read most of the not-his characters and I felt like a total dork, but it was fascinating to watch him find his character as we read. At one point, he grabbed a black eye pencil and drew himself a Don Juanish moustache and small beard (do you call that little chin-triangle a beard?). It was a funny script and I bet it’s even funnier when I’m not playing all the other parts.